Letters and Grids

>> Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Wednesday Lily Bee friends!  It's Jenni here today to share a layout and a few tips in lettering and grids.


When making this layout, I knew I wanted to include Lily Bee's fabulous ABC stickers in the title of the page.  Knowing that I wanted the words to align on the right side of the page, I needed a  game plan for proper spacing of the ABC stickers.


In order to accomplish this, I first wrote out the phrase "I never dreamed it could get better than this" on a piece of paper (I don't know about you but my brain can't spell words backwards very well!).   I then started with the last letter and the last word and worked backwards.  I decided to stagger the phrase and include a tag in the white space for journaling.


When I orginally created this grid it was just the bottom layer of circles (from a 1 1/2" circle punch) from various papers from the Memorandum and Head over Heels 6x6 Tiny Tablets.   I felt that it looked a little plain and needed something extra.   Whenever this happens I usually tend to add more layers for dimension and interest.  So I added a second layer of circle punches and used a pop dot to adhere the circles.


I still felt like the grid needed something else, so I added little embellishments to each circle.  I  spaced each series of embellishments so that it was in groups of three, and creating a triangle.  For instance the hearts create a triangle, as do the butterflies, buttons, and word sentiments.

Thanks for swinging by today!

Lily Bee Supplies Used:
Memordanum:  ABC Stickers, 6x6 Tiny Tablet, Whiteboard, 9 to 5
Head over Heels: 6x6 Tiny Tablet, Flirt, Crush
Catching Fall: Rub-Ons
Three Little Birds: Laugh Rub Ons

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM  

Wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the title, the circles, the twine!! Just WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Dickinson January 11, 2012 at 7:23 AM  

so awesome jenni! and i do the same thing since my brain won't spell backwards! :)

Unknown January 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM  

Beautiful, Jenni! I have to write it out too. :)

Lynn January 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM  

I love these embellishments! so sweet.

KimA January 12, 2012 at 4:17 AM  

Beautiful layout Jenni - the layered circles are just perfect

Anabelle O'Malley January 15, 2012 at 4:56 AM  

This is awesome! Love those layered circles! I've been wanting to find the punch that makes those top circles (the kind of spiky ones). Who makes it and do you know what what it's called? Thanks!

Custom Stickers January 23, 2012 at 6:05 AM  

It is important to note that custom stickers are designed for indoor use. Individuals or organizations that want their sticker(s) to be seen from outdoors will find that static cling stickers can still be a good option.

LauraLee January 24, 2012 at 6:59 AM  

I love how you did this Jenni. Great tip for spacing/aligning the letters. And I like how you did twine! Adorable layout!

Post a Comment