Combining stamps with patterned papers...

>> Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hello! This is Danielle here with my very first post for Lily Bee! I'm honored to be here and hope to inspire you to try something new and exciting in your paper crafting.

When I first starting working withing with the new Lily Bee lines, I was so amazed at how well the lines mixed together! I love to stamp also, so I pulled out the Victoria Park stamp set and got to work stamping the frame with black ink on different patterns of the 6x6 paper pads.

First, I made this card:
I stamped the frame onto a gray polka dot paper from the Buttercup line and cut it out, then stamped the little florals on either side of the frame. I immediately grabbed this teal floral sticker, because I loved the colors on it, and paired it with some of the banner shapes! The black banner really helps the smaller patterns stand out and grounds the design. It gives the design some "weight".

After this card was finished, I wanted to make a coordinating card focusing more on the stamped frames, so I stamped like crazy on different patterned papers and began rearranging them on white cardstock until I was pleased with the design.
Some of my favorite patterns are the checks and florals from Double Dutch and Buttercup.
I love girly floral patterns, yet I also love somewhat of a clean look to my work, so pairing these patterns with bright white cardstock makes them really stand out and allows the patterns to be the focal point of the card! Don't be afraid to try stamping onto patterned paper rather than cardstock. I hope you enjoyed these ideas for card making today!

Danielle

Lily Bee Supplies:
Buttercup and Double Dutch 6x6 Paper Pads
Victoria Park Bag of Bits
Victoria Park Clear Stamps
Victoria Park Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Handmade Bag of Bits 
Other: twine, red and black stamping ink.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek April 19, 2012 at 5:57 AM  

Wow!! These are beautiful!! LOVING how you used that frame stamp!

ScrappyRae10 April 19, 2012 at 6:35 AM  

What a perfect idea! The projects look great!

sophie April 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM  

love these cards! great use of stamps!!

Unknown April 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM  

There are gorgeous, Danielle! So elegant!

Patricia Roebuck April 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM  

So stunning! And so inspiring!

Nicole Martel April 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

Those are some fabulous cards! Love how you stamped the frames, then cut them out. I will have to remember that!

Mary Ann April 20, 2012 at 4:14 AM  

Awesome cards...love how you use the paper...

Carol's Ink Spot April 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM  

Very pretty cards! I like your idea of stamping on the pattern paper and making this the focal point of the cards.

Post a Comment