Project Life + Lily Bee

>> Monday, May 21, 2012

Good morning, everyone!! Melissa here today to share a bit of Project Life inspiration with you today using Lily Bee's Victoria Park collection.

project life 2012 week 14.jpg

I love Project Life, and this is the third year I've worked on an album. The first year I approached the project as a straight photo-a-day endeavor and completed it (several months late, but finished is what counts, right?), but during the second year I dropped the project halfway through and wasn't inspired to pick it up again until later in the year when I came across several scrappers who were doing something completely different with their own Project Life albums- instead of using the same set of supplies (from a Project Life kit) every week, they were mixing in items from their own stashes and really getting scrappy with their albums.

It was a real "well, duh, Melissa" moment for me, and I realized that the reason I'd stopped working on my own album was that I'd become bored with it. Like, really, really bored, with using the same supplies in the album week after week. Once I started the project again last November and began mixing in different products, Project Life was suddenly fun for me again, and I haven't been bored with it since.

DSC_8971.jpg

For this particular week in my album, I chose to work with the Victoria Park collection (and I have to admit that it's partly because I'm still obsessed with that hexagon paper). Since none of the pockets on a standard (Design A) Project Life page protector are larger than 4x6, you can pick up a 6x6 Tiny Tablet along with the coordinating embellishments and have everything you need to finish off several weeks' worth of photos.

DSC_4973.jpg

DSC_4974.jpg

DSC_4976.jpg

I found that the Journal Cards, Bag of Bits, Mixed Cardstock Stickers, and ABC Cardstock stickers were the items I turned to again and again to add little touches of color to both the journaling and photo areas of my pages. There was always something that fit perfectly in the space I wanted to fill!

DSC_4977.jpg

DSC_8972.jpg

DSC_4970.jpg

DSC_4972.jpg

I've already used Victoria Park and Double Dutch on Project Life layouts, and I'm looking forward to using all the other Lily Bee collections in my album as the year continues.

Lily Bee Supplies Used:

Patterned Paper: Victoria Park Tiny Tablet
ABC Cardstock Stickers: Victoria Park
Mixed Cardstock Stickers: Victoria Park
Journal Cards: Victoria Park
Bag of Bits: Victoria Park

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek May 21, 2012 at 5:45 AM  

Loveeeeee your approach to PL and loving your pages!! GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous,  May 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM  

You're inspiring me to start a project life album!

Post a Comment