Sketch Challenge #9 (and the winner from #8)

>> Wednesday, May 2, 2012


Hello and welcome!  Patricia here and I'm very excited to share my first Lily Bee sketch with you today.
I am finding that the Lily Bee papers are timeless.  In honor of Mother’s Day, I wanted to create a vintage layout using a scanned photo of my Mother.  Using lots of the blues, reds, and yellows, I felt it captured the colorful 50’s, when this photo was taken, and the beauty of my Mother.  For more detail, I added hand stitching around the leaves, frame, and flap of envelope.

This would be great to change the oval to a square or a circle, replace some of the stamping, index card, and sticker with more photos.  Whether you do a Mother’s day layout or not, we’d love to see what you create!
I wanted this to be a layout that my daughter will read later, to know that she did have a grandmother, and that she was given my mother’s name as her middle name, so the journaling about my Mother is inside the envelope.
Lily Bee Products
Pattern Paper:  Marmalade, Croquet - Double Dutch, Robin’s Egg - Buttercup, Rag Quilt, Pattern Block, Patchwork, Thimble, Fat Quarter - Handmade
ABC Cardstock Stickers:  Double Dutch
Cardstock Stickers:  Double Dutch, Victoria Park, Double Dutch
Bits:  Handmade
Index Card:  Double Dutch
Stamp:  Double Dutch
We’ll pick one of your pages to win a lovely collection of Lily Bee goodies!  Some rules to keep in mind:
Your layout must use at least two Lily Bee products.
Post your layout to any gallery or your blog and link the post in the comment section of this post.  OR post your layout on our Facebook Page.  (But not both, please.)
Be sure and title your post “Lily Bee Sketch Challenge #9” so we can find it easily.
The deadline for entries is Monday, May 14th, at 9:00 pm PST.
Have fun creating!
And now for the winner of Sketch Challenge #8:

Layout by Katherine B

Congrats to Katherine B for her fabulous layout!  Katherine, please email Kristen at kristen@lilybeedesign.com
and we'll get your Lily Bee prize package out to you!


23 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek May 2, 2012 at 5:44 AM  

Congrats Kat!!! Your lo is gorgeous!! You go girl!!!

phinner May 2, 2012 at 8:26 AM  

Great sketch Patricia!!! The photo is classic and I love all the little details in your piece!

kate blue May 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM  

thank you! I plan on using this sketch (and more LB) this weekend for NSD) will email later when I get home!

Stacey Michaud May 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

how stunning, Patricia...it is so unique and beautiful!

Marinette-Scraptherapie May 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM  

Gorgeous projects!Patricia: I love so much your layout! So elegant♥

Unknown May 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM  

What a gorgeous layout, Tricia! It's such a great combo of bright colors and that beautiful classic photo of your mom.

Katherine, congratulations! Love the layout. Those photos are so fun!

Lilith Eeckels May 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM  

Amazing sketch and layout Patricia! Love it!

Kate Vickers May 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM  

Love the layout and sketch, Patricia! I might have to do it.

Bente Fagerberg May 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

Beautiful work as always Patricia! I love the colours you have chosen.
Also,congratulations to you Katherine! Love the layout.

Alex May 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM  

Oh my gosh, I am in love with Patricia's layout! So unique. So beautiful. ♥

Brianna Marshall May 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM  

great sketch,and amazing layout!
I just love that frame for the photo,and that flower is just the right touch!

Patricia Roebuck May 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM  

Thank you, and CONGRATS, again Katherine!

danni reid. May 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM  

absolutely GORGEOUS, love♥

Shellye McDaniel May 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM  

WOW, beautiful layout, Patricia and Katherine...love what you've done with Lily Bee!

Gina May 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM  

great sketch and gorgeous creations Patricia and Katherine! :) :)

Anabelle O'Malley May 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM  

I just adore everything about these. LOVE the colors and details on Patricia's page!!! What a wonderful photo to scrap.

ethnicscrapbooking May 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM  

nothing like preserving some mother daughter love...great job!

Carol May 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM  

your layout is amazing!!!!

Judith May 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Price May 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

Thanks for a fun sketch to play with! Here is my take on it: http://greendenise.blogspot.com/2012/05/lily-bee-sketch-challenge-9.html

Raindrop May 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

Hi, this is Khloe and pls visit my blog for my layout done: http://blessedscraps5.blogspot.com/2012/05/3-in-1-challenges.html
Thank you :)

Lynnda May 14, 2012 at 5:06 AM  

Hello... Love the sketch..and Patricia's layout is stunning!!!...so last minute...I've decided to link mine...
please hop over to view : http://lybeauartyscrappy.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/i-always-love-you.html

hugs..xoxo

Deanna May 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM  

Here's mine! Thanks for yet another fun sketch to play along with. :)

http://deannamisner.blogspot.com/2012/05/lily-bee-sketch-9.html

Post a Comment