Add a festive confetti look to your cards!

>> Thursday, June 7, 2012

I've been a little obsessed with the "confetti" look lately and wanted to show you some very quick cards you can make with patterned paper and circle punches! I actually found the idea to try this on a card from a printing website called Tiny Prints where you can create announcements with photos. If you are stuck for a design, these are great places to look for inspiration!


I looked through the Lily Bee papers and pulled out some various prints in reds and pinks and began punching different sizes with my circle punches. I added red cardstock circles to the top first for a dark contrast at the top, and then began layering more circles by degree of color saturation down the card, getting lighter and lighter in color as I worked my way to the bottom.
You could make a set of these in all different colors, and they would work for birthdays, thank yous, congratulations, etc. I like how the chevron circles look like little streamers on the green and blue card!
To finish the card, the word "happy" was die cut out of Lily Bee's Handmade patterned paper with my Cuttlebug machine, then I stamped "today" over the die cut with the Double Dutch clear stamps.

Give the confetti look a try on your next card, it's an easy design to put together for a last minute card that you might need!

Danielle

Lily Bee supplies used:
Handmade papers
 Double Dutch Clear Stamps (today stamp)
Other: circle punches, Wonderful Words die by Papertrey Ink, 
Sweet Blush ink and Spring Rain ink by Papertrey Ink.

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek June 7, 2012 at 5:39 AM  

WOW!!! Just BEAUTIFUL Danielle!! I love love love all the confetti on your card and loveeeeeeeeee how you did the sentiment!!

Lynn June 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM  

So simple, yet so festive and fun. Great idea. I will giving this a try.

Patricia Roebuck June 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM  

These are just stunning! Love this idea!

Ruby June 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

Ooh these are absolutely gorgeous!!! LOVE them!! Especially the red one :o)

kate blue June 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM  

hope you don't mind that I am "Pinning" these! LOVE them!

Post a Comment